21.2.06








REG
What?

STAN
I want to be a woman... from now on I want you all to call me Loretta.

REG
What???

LORETTA
It's my right as a man.

JUDITH
Well why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?

LORETTA
I want to have babies.

REG
You want to have babies?

LORETTA
It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.

REG
But you can't have babies!



LORETTA
Don't you oppress me.

REG
I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus
going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?



JUDITH
Here. I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have
babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault... not even the Romans',
but that he can have the RIGHT to have babies.

FRANCIS
Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have
babies, brother! ... Sister, sorry.

REG
What's the point?

FRANCIS
What?

REG
What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have
babies?

FRANCIS
It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

REG
Symbolic of his struggle against reality.

*

MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN

tralha

cavaleiros electrónicos

oscavaleiroscamponesesATyahooDOTcom

camponeses